Plugin allow all registered users to get notifications about new posts and comments on the site it is installed on. Recipient can post his comment by replying to the notification messsage.
Let me show you how it work step by step:
1. Publish a post as usual:
2. Each registered user of your site will get a customized e-mail:
Please note the customized reply to address which enables to place the response in the correct place as well as it provides user authentication (via hash).
3. User simply replies to an e-mail.
Quoted original message is stripped away, as well as any HTML coding.
4. As the result, user’s message is posted as a comment. You can see the post I used for this example here.
5. Each user can customize the notification options on his profile page (see Notification setting block).
6. Site admin can easily customize the content of the notification message:
and the default notification settings for the users: